It’s the generation of the “selfie” so let’s face it, we all want beautiful, glowing skin and to be able to boast #nofilter! While there are an abundance of treatments and products to achieve amazing skin, Microdermabrasions are an exceptional way to wake up your skin and put your best face forward.
If you’ve never had a Microderm you don’t know what you’re missing! Microderms are performed using a small pen like wand that distributes tiny crystals on the skins surface as a light suction and sweeping motion cover the skin, exfoliating the skin’s top layer.
If you’ve ever had a cat lick your hand, that’s a bit what it feels like. A little like sandpaper but not painful at all. The top most layer of your skin, or epidermis, is where imperfections like fine lines, wrinkles and blemishes are visible. The idea is to remove and break up the dull layer of dead and tired cells. By removing this layer, you’re skin activates its’ renewal process and rushes to replace the missing cells with fresh and healthy ones. New skin looks and feels smoother and full of vibrancy.
At LazaDerm we use natural baking soda crystals that are less invasive on the skin than other more irritating and abrasive crystals more commonly used. For those that would like to take a more aggressive approach, our trained aesthetician can use a diamond tip wand to go a bit deeper into the epidermis. Microderms are one of the most natural and effective ways to evenly and safely exfoliate the skin without the use of chemicals.
The multiple benefits of Microderms include:
- Brings out your natural glow and revives your skin.
- Baking soda crystals are anti-inflammatory and combat the irritation and redness that often appear with other harsher crystals.
- Removing the dead layer of skin cells helps oxygenate the skin.
- Stimulates cell renewal and collagen production.
- Helps repair sun damaged skin by smoothing and evening the texture and tone of the skin.
- Improves the appearance of acne related scarring and scarring in general.
- Refines pores while detoxifying blemished and congested skin.
- Smooths fine lines and wrinkles while increasing circulation and elasticity.
It’s recommended to start out by scheduling a Microderm once a week for two to three weeks, then once every 6 weeks or so for maintenance. If you think that sounds like a lot, think about how often you visit the salon to touch up those roots or freshen up those split ends.
Your skin’s health is even more important to maintain and should definitely be a priority! So get ready to reveal radiant skin and be “selfie” ready!