As we head into warmer months, it’s time to remind yourself about how to keep your skin safe in the summer heat. At LazaDerm, we carry a full line of hydration and protection products, designed to keep your skin safe from time spent in the sun.
Besides keeping yourself armed with SPF 30 sunscreen that has excellent UVA protection, here’s a list of nine skin cancer prevention tips to read and share with your friends and family. (courtesy skincancer.org).
- Hang out in the shade, especially between 10 am and 4 pm – when the sun is most intense.
- Do not burn. Ever. No matter what.
- Avoid tanning and UV tanning booths. These might seem ‘healthy’ – but all tanning booths are damaging to skin.
- Cover up with clothing, including a broad-brimmed hat and UV-blocking sunglasses.
- Use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher every day. For extended outdoor activity, use a water-resistant, broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. We carry our own line of LazaDerm skincare products – just ask us about what might work best for you.
- Apply 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of sunscreen to your entire body 30 minutes before going outside. Reapply every two hours or immediately after swimming or excessive sweating.
- Keep newborns out of the sun. Sunscreens should be used on babies over the age of six months.
- Examine your skin head-to-toe every month.
- See your physician every year for a professional skin exam.
Still want to take the risk and head out to catch some rays? Just remember that getting all that sun could increase your chances of premature skin aging (and wrinkling) as well! From all of us at LazaDerm, have a safe summer!