Dr. Hansen is the #1 injector of Botox® Cosmetic in the region.
What is Botox®?
Would you like to erase wrinkles and rejuvenate your appearance with Botox in Sioux Falls, South Dakota? One of the most popular injectable cosmetic treatments, Botox® is a simple, non-surgical treatment that temporarily smoothes moderate to severe lines around the eyes, brows, neck, and forehead. It can also be used to reduce excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis). The Botox® injection procedure takes just minutes, with results gradually taking shape over the following 4 to 7 days, and lasting up to four months. When Botox® is properly injected by a trained medical professional, the process is safe, virtually painless, and side effects are extremely rare.
Watch the below video to see Dr. Hansen perform a Botox treatment on LazaDerm’s Denee Reinwald in the Sioux Falls office.
Botox® is extremely versatile, and it can be used for smoothing and lifting skin, reducing wrinkles, and more. Dr. Hansen offers the following procedures for Botox® in Sioux Falls, South Dakota at the LazaDerm Skincare Centre™.
- Brow lift - If you would like to open up your eyes or eliminate a “heavy brow” appearance, a Botox®injection might be the right solution for you. Traditional brow lifts require a surgical incision, lifting of the skin, and muscle adjustments. If your brow problems are mild, Botox® can create a lift by relaxing the muscles that pull your eyebrows downward. The result is a more arched, lifted and youthful appearance around the eyes.
- Lip lift – During the aging process, gravity often pulls the upper lip downward, creating a sad appearance around the corners of the mouth. To counter the effects of aging, Dr. Hansen may recommend Botox® in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Injections are made in the depressor anguli oris (DAO) muscles along the jawline. This relaxes the muscles that pull down on the corners of your mouth, allowing the corners of the lips to gently rise, especially when smiling.
- Reducing crow’s feet – The area of thin skin around the eyes is a prime target for wrinkles and fine lines. Not only is the skin thinner here, but wrinkles are also caused by squinting, smiling, and the sun. Properly placed Botox® injections and the expertise of a skilled physician provide a very natural, more wide-eyed, rested, and less angry appearance. Botox® in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, can treat crow’s feet in combination with other forms of facial rejuvenation, such as filler injections or laser skin resurfacing. Dr. Hansen can recommend the right combination for best results.
- Softening lines in forehead – Many patients complain of annoying “11” vertical frown lines between the eyebrows and of creases in the forehead. Botox® injections placed correctly in this zone will relax the muscles in the forehead, or glabellum area, smoothing out the lines and creating a more youthful appearance. Dr. Hansen has treated hundreds of patients for forehead lines and wrinkles, with very positive results.
- Softening lines around mouth (Smoker’s Lines) – Botox® in Sioux Falls, South Dakota can be used to reduce the “smoker’s lines,” or vertical lines around the mouth. Many people complain of these lines, even if they have never smoked, and the lines are more common in women than men. Only an experienced Botox® injector should perform the procedure in this sensitive area, as if can affect speech pattern if done incorrectly.
- Reducing excessive sweating – If you have tried everything including prescription-strength topical medications to help alleviate excessive sweating, or hyperhidrosis, don’t give up on those delicate silk shirts just yet. Botox® is approved by the FDA for its ability to block the chemical signals from the nerves that stimulate the sweat glands. While Botox® in Sioux Falls, South Dakota is not a cure for hyperhidrosis, it has been proven to effectively alleviate sweating over the course of several months. Dr. Hansen is highly skilled in injecting Botox® , and can help plan the right regimen for you. Because hyperhidrosis is a medical condition, your insurance company may cover the costs of your Botox® treatments.
- Dimpling of the chin – Dimpling of the chin is caused by contraction of the mentalis muscle. Tightening of the chin with facial expressions or while talking can give the chin a dimpled, or “orange peel,” irregular appearance. Over time, these dimples become permanent, even when no expressions are being made. Botox® in Sioux Falls, South Dakota can be used to improve or even eliminate these dimples. However Botox® injections to the muscle of the chin (mentalis) must be performed by an experienced injector to avoid creating an unnatural facial appearance.
- Part of Liquid Face Lift – As many of us age, we notice increased wrinkles and sagging skin. Some of the wrinkles are caused by muscle movement, and some are caused by loss of volume in our face. By adding volume back to the face, either by fillers or by fat transfer, and by using Botox® to soften the appropriate wrinkles, a client can see years taken off of their face, without cutting or downtime. Botox® and the “liquid facelift” can be a very good option for the client that is on the go, and who does not want anything drastic done.
The Region’s Leader
If you’re looking for a little peace of mind to go with your Botox® in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, you’re in luck. Dr. Lornell Hansen, LazaDerm’s board-certified physician and laser expert, performs more Botox® injections than anyone in the state and region. In fact, Dr. Hansen is the only physician dedicating 100% of his time to aesthetic medicine and laser procedures. His extensive experience means you’ll be injected with the proper dosage and technique, for the safest, most satisfying results. He’s happy to answer any questions, and he will provide you with full instructions on what to expect before, during, and after your treatment.
To transform and rejuvenate your appearance with Botox® in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, make an appointment at the LazaDerm Skincare Center today.